Thursday, June 22, 2017

We are now camper owners!


It’s been awhile since I posted and as I read back on my last post I am happy to admit that we are now travel trailer owners. We didn’t go with the Jayco I mentioned though. After countless posts on a variety of camping Facebook groups I was made aware of a Fleetwood model made by Forest River. I then discovered there is a “better” version, called a Rockwood, with the same layout. I researched the specific model and realized it was a strong contender.

Rockwood Mini Lite 2509S











We wanted to make the decision soon so I visited nearby RV dealers that had Jayco and Forest River brands, just not the models we were looking for. I hate having to make big decisions. I sat down one afternoon to compare the two. We had found the best deal on the Jayco up in Michigan. A 7.5 hour drive wasn’t something I looked forward to but we were willing to drive for a deal. My husband wanted to drive up to Michigan, buy the camper, haul it back, and then leave for vacation the next morning. I called the dealer to ask some questions about the model we liked and it turned out that in a matter of a week both of the ones they had were sold. Well that helps with the process of elimination!

The closest model of Forest River that we liked was just down in Alabama about 2.5 hours away. We decided that on the way back from our Gulf Shores vacation we would stop by Camping World to look at them. This particular branch had three of the models for sale. When we looked at it we really liked it. We felt it had a lot of the features we were looking for, and some extras. The only thing it lacks is a direct entry bathroom. That was the one thing on my list that I would have compromised on. It’s two feet less than the Jayco which I think will give me more confidence when I learn how to haul it.  Five hours later she was hitched up to my car and we were starting the drive home.



   


No comments:

Post a Comment